My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://chezsasha.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

November 7, 2009

Neely's Cookies and Cream Cake

Down Home With The Neelys is a relatively new show on the FoodNetwork and I’m absolutely in love with it. Pat and Geena Neely make such a cute couple, and they’re always smiling and seem so happy, and watching them cook together gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. A few days ago I was watching a “Southern Comfort”-themed episode of their show and they made this cake. Since then, I could not stop thinking about it because besides Mallomars, the Oreo is my favorite cookie! It is just so perfect, I could never resist it.


Desserts that require frosting usually intimidate me due to my lack of frosting skills and the omnipresent fear of my thighs expanding but I could not ignore this cake’s calling my name. Pat and Geena made this cake with two layers but I decided to cut the recipe in half and make one. The ingredients in this cake are really simple and for something this delicious, not much work is involved.



The cake itself came out really chocolaty and the crumbled Oreos gave it a nice texture. The cream cheese-based frosting was sooo yummy and just tangy enough to balance out the chocolatiness of the cake. Something that the recipe doesn't state however is that it is very important to let the cake stand for at least 30 minutes after it's been frosted, to let the layers get acquainted with each other. Also, next time I think I’ll use less sugar in the frosting; it was a bit too sweet for my taste. Overall this recipe is great and I definitely recommend trying it.


It might sound silly to some but I’m proud of this cake. ‘Twas a small step for desserts and a giant leap for Sasha-kind : )

The full recipe can be found HERE


Have a happy and delicious weekend, everyone!


9 comments:

Lele said...

Gasssssp that looks so ooey gooey luscious.
I love Down Home with the Neelys too. They are like my family, with a little extra southern sass!

Pam said...

What a fantastic cake - I'll take a slice please.

Stephanie said...

Down Home with the Neely's is a great show! I love food network, most of their shows are great. That looks like a delicious cake, I may just have to make that myself.

Art and Appetite said...

Ahhhh, sounds decadent. Thanks for sharing the recipe, yummmo.

lorenabr said...

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmy looks very good

Justin said...

i think i'd love that frosting

debra@dustjacket said...

That really looks like a cake I'd like, I'll give it a go.
xxx

lorenabr said...

Thank you very much for your comment on the Vogue post:) I loke Elle 2!

Olga said...

haha I can't stand them :)
But I actually see that dessert and thought it'd be good. It looks decadent.