My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://chezsasha.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

November 21, 2009

Hasselback Potatoes

I only learned of the existence of this recipe upon joining the blogosphere. When I first saw it, I thought it was incredibly clever and festive. I'm not too fond of the name though - makes me think of David Hasselhoff (have we all seen that viral video of David drunk on the floor eating a cheeseburger?) Either way, I finally decided to give this recipe a try.


Ingredients:

6 medium red potatoes

Extra virgin olive oil

½ tsp salt

½ tsp pepper

¾ tsp dry thyme

½ tsp paprika

¾ tsp garlic


Procedure:

Preheat the oven to 425 F.

Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut widthwise about ¾ of the way through, each cut spaced about ¼” apart. Evenly coat each potato with ½ teaspoon oil. In a bowl combine all the seasonings and rub some of the mixture into each potato. Place in a baking dish and cook 50-60 minutes. Serve with sour cream/butter if desired.


Rant time: -Thanksgiving is just four short days away and I couldn’t be more excited! Besides New Year’s, it is my favorite day of the year. What could be better than spending a day in the kitchen and cooking delicious foods for the ones you love? Of course I’ll be posting a re-cap of everything I’m cooking and I can’t wait to see what all of you are cooking as well!


Also, I am going to Montreal in December and I was wondering if anyone who’s a Montreal native or has visited there can recommend where I should eat/shop/sightsee/party??? Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

7 comments:

Chocolaty Lifestyle said...

I love the combination of potatoes and the right seasonings! They must be perfect served with sour cream!

Olga said...

I've seen this multiple times before, but never made them: look good!

Search my blog by "Montreal" and hopefully you'll find things to do (if not, email me and I'll give you the picks of what I did there when I went last year)

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh beautiful, looks so easy too.
xxx

Sofya said...

Can't wait to be your apprentice this thanksgiving<3 this will be our third thanksgiving together, aren't we all that & a bag of chips (well in our case cup of coffee lol) <3

Dajana said...

I actually made these from a recipe in a magazine, before I saw them anywhere else, and they were amazingly good. But, I love potatoes any way you make them.
Happy Thanksgiving, have lots of fun

Pam said...

I love hasselback potatoes. I'll have to try it with red potatoes next time.

Kate at Serendipity said...

Oh, YESSSSSSSSSSS. These look amazing.