My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://chezsasha.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

When I was younger, I used to think this day was silly and that it was invented by Hallmark to “boost the economy.” I used to think Valentine’s Day was just a way to make single people feel badly about themselves.


Now that I’m a bit older, I no longer feel that way. I believe that Valentine’s Day is a celebration of love. It’s a day to show the person you love how you feel and to appreciate their place in your heart and life (though I think people should do that every day and not just one out of the 365.)


Love is indefinable. It is the strangest and most beautiful thing about being human. It is capable of bringing one to the highest high and the lowest low. Love can be fulfilling yet unfortunately draining as well. Love makes us grow up. True love is rare and it is truly invaluable.


This is one of my favorite quotes from Charlotte Bronte’s Jane Eyre. Here Edward Rochester is addressing Jane. He has a slightly childish yet touching way of expressing his love:

“I sometimes have a queer feeling with regard to you – especially when you are near me, as now: it is as if I had a string somewhere under my left ribs, tightly and inextricably knotted to a similar string situated in the corresponding quarter of your little frame.” (Chapter XXIII)


If you are unsure of what to get your Valentine, just cook for him/her. Duh. It will mean much more than any oversized teddy bear ever could. The best V-Day meal is light, chic and simple…and easy on the garlic if you’re planning to do any kissing ; )


My suggestions:

· Crepes

· Crispy Baked Tilapia Fillets

· Gnocchi alla Vodka


Have a great day, everyone!


3 comments:

S. Frederick said...

Happy Valentines Day!

I cooked tonight & it came out really well. I made blackened salmon, shrimp scampi with rice n broccoli... needless to say, she loved it & was very impressed!

S. Frederick said...

Hey, sorry that I couldn't publish your post... I'll get in big trouble if others know that I cooked dinner last night =)

Unknown said...

Such good advice about cooking for someone you love. Thanks for sharing that Jane Eyre quote, that made me smile :)
*kisses* HH