My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://chezsasha.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

February 10, 2010

Hazelnut and Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

We had a snow day in NYC today! When CUNY schools AND my office are closed, you know it’s serious. I was really glad I didn’t have to schlep all way to the city today for one class, although it was French…

Anyway, I slept in today and the first thought I had upon waking up and looking out the window was “Cookies!”

(Yield: about 14 cookies)

Ingredients:

¾ cup all-purpose flour

½ tsp baking soda

¼ tsp salt

4 oz butter, softened

½ cup brown sugar

¼ cup white sugar

1 egg

1½ cups plain oats

2 oz chopped hazelnuts

2 oz dark chocolate, chopped


Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.

Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside. Cream the butter and sugars until smooth. Add egg. Then slowly add the flour mixture. When combined, stir in the oats, hazelnuts and chocolate. Place the dough by tablespoons onto the baking sheet, one inch apart.

Bake 12-15 minutes, until they’re golden brown.

Enjoy.

7 comments:

S. Frederick said...

Ha! I had a craving for cookies today myself... but my Chips Ahoy didnt look as tasty as these :)

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh cookies are the best, but I can never stop at one....
xxx

Mary Bergfeld said...

These were the perfect cookie to make on a snow day. They look delicious and I'd love to have one with my morning coffee. I hope you had a great and restful day. Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

Fabulous cookies, and great combination: oatmeal and chocolate. This is a perfect way to enjoy a snow day.
*kisses* HH

Cherine said...

Perfect cookies with a cup of coffee or tea!

Anonymous said...

I loveeeee oatmeal cookies. They're positively my favourite sort of cookies. And with the hzaelnuts and dark choc, I imagine they'd taste like a classier version of nutella!

Marta from With Love... said...

Ooh yummmy... those looks fantastic!


With Love...
Marta