Hello and happy Saturday everyone!
This was this morning’s breakfast ↓. Cinnamon French toast with bananas and blueberries drenched in maple syrup, as always.
I went to New Jersey this week (or Mars, as I lovingly refer to it, as the suburbs are not my cup of tea) to visit my friends Ally and Erika and to congratulate Erika on her 21st birthday. On Wednesday night we wanted to cook dinner. We went to Burrini’s Market to buy steak. We all agreed on a piece of skirt steak and the butcher even marinaded it for us, in a peppery balsamic marinade. We grabbed a few more things and headed home.Between me [the head chef ; ) ] and the girls [both currently waitresses,] the dinner came together incredibly fast.
The steak looks totally burnt in this picture but it wasn’t, I promise. I guess the balsamic glaze is to blame. Alongside we made a green salad and vegetables in a balsamic butter sauce, courtesy of Trader Joe’s.
The dinner turned out delicious but what really made it special was the company. <3
This morning I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I’d received my very first blogger award! Woo-hoo! Heavenly Housewife of From Donuts to Delirium gave me the Happy 101 award. When I told my Lily that I got my first blogger award, she said “Awesome. Does that mean you’re nominated for blogger of the year?” Haha.
Here are the rules:
1. Copy the award image into a post.
2. List 10 things that make you happy.
3. Tag ten bloggers who brighten your day.
4. Put in a link to their blogs.
5. Notify the award receivers.
6. Link back to the sender's blog.
So, ten things that make me happy, huh? Let’s see:
1. The wonderful people who are my family and friends. I’m truly blessed in this department.
2. Cooking. My escape yet where my heart is, my creative outlet, my entertainment, my “me” time.
3. (Stole this one from HH herself) Sunny and warm weather – the kind for a stroll in a light leather jacket and Ray-Ban Wayfarers in Central Park with someone equally appreciative of the beauty outside.
4. Restaurants. Doesn’t have to be fancy or expensive, just warm, inviting and with good service.
6. Good books.
7. French movies and music. I don’t speak French (yet) but have a naturally strong bias toward everything French. Go figure.
8. Changes. Changes in school, the weather, the workplace, my personal life, my wardrobe, etc. I love when things change. I believe it’s always for the best. I love new beginnings.
9. Fresh manicures.
10. Last but not least blogging, of course! It’s what got me into this whole mess in the first place. Just kidding. I’m so glad I decided to start this blog. I love being able to share my experiences with others and love learning from all of yours as well. The blogosphere is a truly great place.
Now for the ten fellow bloggers that brighten my day (in no particular order):
1. Pam from For the Love of Cooking
4. Annemeik from mode d’amour
5. Heavenly Housewife from From Donuts to Delirium: My Life as a Housewife
6. George Gaston from A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse…
7. Jessica from The Novice Chef
8. Kate from Serendipity
9. Michael and Jessi from Chef Fresco
10. Marta from With Love…
Thank you, Heavenly Housewife!