My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://chezsasha.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

July 9, 2009

There just aren't enough days [like these] in a year

Let me start by saying that this post is not about any one food/recipe; I just had a great day and wanted to share. Don’t get me wrong though – food was heavily involved.

No work today so my day started at 9a.m. with hazelnut coffee and e-mails. This was followed by a two-mile run in the park, which was invigorating.

While I was waiting for my darling Sofya to come over for breakfast, I made myself a smoothie of a banana, blueberries and peanut butter blended with ice, OJ and milk.

When Sofya arrived we gorged ourselves on apple blinis (recipe isn’t perfected yet) with maple syrup.


We finally got out of the house at 3 in the afternoon and made our way to my favorite place in Brooklyn, the Brooklyn Botanic Garden.


This place is incredibly beautiful and relaxing. So much greenery that it seems unreal for a place like New York. And the weather was lovely, too. We enjoyed ourselves what seemed like almost an unhealthy amount.

Afterwards we took the train to downtown Brooklyn, which was beautiful, and started walking towards Joya for dinner. There was a Trader Joe’s on the way and I just had to go in and browse. I bought the essentials…imported French Brie and a pound of Belgian milk chocolate. YUM!


My sister, Lily, met us at Joya and it was joyful as always. No wait this time and we even scored a table on the outside patio. Sofya and I worked up quite the appetite on our adventure and dinner just felt so well-deserved. I had a dish of chicken in a garlic sauce, of which I forgot the name. No picture, sorry. I was so hungry and it just slipped my mind.

Our night ended with cappuccinos and gossip.

I had a great day and I hope you all did too : ]


C'est moi!

5 comments:

Sofya said...

<3 great day boo!

FASHION CHALET said...

yeah that is Really Scarlett Johansson singing she made a full CD once too. :)


x

♥ Marta ♥ said...

I love going to botanical gardens...I always feel to at easy when I am there :)

Sounds like a perfect day :)


P.S. You're such a cutie.

debra@dustjacket said...

Thank you so much for dropping by, pleased you liked the photo's!

I like the look of your almond cake and the rosemary scented fries! I just love the smell of rosemary too!xx

Olga said...

That does sound like an awesome day!

Next time I'm in NYC, I'll definitely have to make my way to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden: love gardens!