My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://chezsasha.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

July 5, 2009

Almond Loaf Cake

Hello! I hope everyone had a delicious Fourth o' July!

I have a serious sweet tooth but it is a selective one. I love soft-baked cookies, scones, loaf cakes, banana bread, donuts and milk chocolate. I’ve never been a fan of sugar candies, thick frosting or elaborate desserts, though. Except for the Caramelized Banana Ice Cream Tower at the Blue Water Grill, YUM!


This cake is delicious, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. It takes almost no work to prepare and goes great with tea and coffee. It also travels well and if served alongside fruit, makes for a lovely breakfast.


*I began by grounding the almonds in a food processor. Then I took them out and mixed the rest of the cake in it.

*If you notice that the cake is browning too fast, reduce the heat to 370 degrees.

*This cake can also be baked in a Bundt pan, in which it will cook about 10 min faster.


Ingredients:

1 2/3 c all-purpose flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/3 tsp salt

1 1/3 c white sugar

4 oz butter, softened

4 oz sour cream

3 eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 c roasted almonds, ground


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.

In a food processor or mixer, cream the butter with the sugar. Then add the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Then add the dry ingredients gradually and be careful not to overmix. Then take out the blade [or mixing attachment] and stir in the almonds by hand. Pour the mixture into a greased and floured loaf pan and bake for 40-60 min, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool the cake for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

10 comments:

Maria♥ said...

Hi Sasha

This Almond Loaf Cake looks and sounds wonderful. I bet it would be fab with raspberry jam!!

Maria
x

mickey said...

I need a slice of that right now with my morning tea.

Sofya said...

I was actually lucky enough to eat this....and it was a little bit of heaven in my mouth <3

Olga said...

Your cake looks great: love the amount of sourcream in it!

We must have been on the same wavelegth b/c I made peach & blueberry cake yesterday. Will post later this week.

Sasha said...

Haha. Great minds think alike, darling!

Sasha said...

And thank you, Sofya <3

♥ Marta ♥ said...

I'm going to show this recipe to my mommy :)

Unknown said...

Ah, I love all these loaf cake thingies. I have a major sweet tooth too (and large thighs to go with it).

Sasha said...

: / me too.

Unknown said...

ummm...yummy!