My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://chezsasha.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

July 30, 2009

"Summertime, and the living's easy."

Sometime last week, I was beaching with my friend (and devoted blog follower) Dina and we got hungry, of course. We decided to go to my house afterwards and make something yummy. Besides Armenian-style fried noodles (I will post the recipe eventually,) we made this salad.

I’ve never combined these ingredients before but they worked so well together! The sweetness of the blueberries pairs really well with the tartness of the blue cheese. On a bed of leafy greens and topped with balsamic vinaigrette, the flavors marry perfectly. This salad is filling yet not a bit heavy. The chicken is totally optional, by the way.

Not much else to say except that this salad is perfect. Dina and I had quite the feast : ]


You will need:

Greens, such as: baby spinach, arugula or romaine

Blueberries

Blue Cheese

Grilled Chicken (optional)


Dressing:

Balsamic vinegar

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Salt/pepper


I think the procedure is self-explanatory.

Isn’t it pretty?

5 comments:

Pam said...

Pretty and tasty. I love the idea of blueberries with blue cheese. Yum!

Dajana said...

That's so delicious,
I wish I had some blueberries to add to my Fruit and veggie salad last week.

Sasha said...

: )

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

What a fanstic salad. I am putting this down to try!

♥ Marta ♥ said...

oooh.... another salad. I love salads and not only because they are the only thing I can "cook" :)I' going to make it for lunch tomorrow.... awesome idea