Hello, all. I hope you've had a fabulous weekend.
I had my last class of the fall semester on Friday, and even though I still have 3 finals to worry about, I already feel like a free woman...for the next few weeks at least. Here are some things I plan on doing during the time I have off:
- Taking another trip up to Montreal to celebrate the coming new year and to pursue my gastronomic explorations. Can't wait to have some authentic poutine again!
- Designing a semi-new layout for this blog.
- Writing posts on: more 'beginner cook' tips, food storage tips, and healthy cooking/eating tips.
- Making cupcakes. I know this may not seem like a feat to many of you but as mentioned before, I fear making complicated desserts, especially ones that involve frosting. But I do want to continue trying to get over this fear, and soon. I don't even like eating cupcakes that much (they are so messy!), but they are beautiful, no?
- Making chicken pot pie. Unlike cupcakes, this is a dish that I actually ADORE! Can anyone recommend a good recipe?
- Making chocolate fudge: enough said.
- Making a cheesecake...fear again. But Giada does make it look I easy!