My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://chezsasha.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

December 7, 2010

Two reasons to celebrate...

It is my birthday today! Yes, I am a whopping 20 years old today.

And, this is also my 200th post! This is pure coincidence…

I would to thank all of you out there who read my blog. I am so glad we share this love for food and for eating. As always, if you have any questions, suggestions, comments, or life philosophies you wish you share with me, don’t be shy! : )


Now, here are some brownies I made sometime last week using this Neely recipe. I had high hopes for them as they looked so lovely on the TV but in my own kitchen, they were a disaster. This is a nice picture though, no?

I used the exact brownie recipe but decided to use a classic cream cheese frosting and toasted coconut flakes as opposed to the orange frosting in the original recipe. The problem turned out to be the brownies themselves. I followed the directions exactly but the brownies got stuck to the foil-lined pan and the top cracked by the time they cooled and were ready for the frosting. They just fell apart. After a heavy dose of frosting, coconut and overnight refrigeration, they were edible, but I don’t think I’ll be using this recipe again.

4 comments:

M1KE N. said...

"I don't like food that's too carefully arranged; it makes me think that the chef is spending too much time arranging and not enough time cooking. If I wanted a picture I'd buy a painting."
-Andy Rooney

So how did they taste? ;)

Christo Gonzales said...

happy birthday yesterday - I hope you spent it well.

The Food Librarian said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Twin! And 20 years apart!!! :) Hope your day was fantastic!!!!!! - mary the food librarian

Chef Fresco said...

Happy birthday and happy 200th post!