My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://chezsasha.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

June 9, 2010

Giada's Venetian Crumb Cake

Today was a cold, rainy, gray day - a good day to use the oven.
I've made this cake several times before and its goodness never ceases to amaze my palate. It is dense, moist, crunchy from the almonds, chewy and aromatic.
I followed the recipe almost exactly, except that I didn't use pine nuts. Also I added a tablespoon of cognac to the batter, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

This cake is great with cold milk, unsweetened tea, or coffee. And don't forget to share!


4 comments:

A said...

A fruit cake that people can actually look forward to, and you don't even need to wait until the Holidays ;)

Lucie said...

It is wet and chilly here in England too. This cake looks soooo good! I don't think I would want to share this :) Lucie x

Chef Aimee said...

This looks so warm and inviting! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Pam said...

I wish I had a slice right now... yum.