My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://chezsasha.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

November 29, 2010

Sautéed Eggplant and Tomato Frittata

Hello, all! Missed me? I missed you.
First, happy belated Thanksgiving! I hope you all had a great holiday and by the looks of your blog posts, you did. My turkey day was awesome. The bird was juicy, the sides were fabulous and of course, my friends at the table were the best part.

For the past few weeks, I've been hard at work, staring into my books and my lap-top, writing, reading, working on outlines and presentations of all sorts. Phew! Just a few more weeks...
Now, this is a frittata I made for dinner tonight. It came together very fast and turned out delicious, and in my father's words "picturesque". In my opinion, it is best served at room temperature, with a hunk of fresh bread and a glass of good wine. Also, make extra to take to work for lunch the next day, and make the whole office jealous. Or, make a lot of extra and feed the whole office... ; )

(Yield: 4-6 servings)
Ingredients:
1 eggplant
1 tbsp coarse sea salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1/3 tsp paprika
1/3 tsp dried basil
6 eggs
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 vine-ripe tomato, seeded, diced
Salt/pepper

Peel and dice eggplant. Toss with sea salt and set aside for 10 min (to pull out bitterness and some of the moisture). Then rinse in colander.
Heat oil in pan on medium heat and add eggplant. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and paprika and basil. Stir and saute for 7-10 min. Then turn heat off and let cool for a few min.
Preheat oven to 375F.
In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk and half of the cheese. Then add tomato, parsley and eggplant. Stir and pour into a a greased baking dish (I like Pyrex for this). Place in oven. After 15 min, pull out and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook for another 15 min, and that's all, folks.

P.S: Someone's birthday is coming up a week from tomorrow : )

3 comments:

cocoa and coconut said...

Welcome back! This looks delicious and nutritious. I love recipes that are easy to make, but still pleasing.

soop said...

Eggplant? Tomatoes? I am all over this!

Anonymous said...

Kedengarannya bagus, saya suka membaca blog Anda, hanya ditambahkan ke favorit saya;)