My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://chezsasha.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

July 20, 2010

Picket Fence: Not just for suburbs anymore

Picket Fence is a restaurant on Cortelyou Road in Brooklyn that serves classic American favorites in an upscale way. I’ve been there once before and when my girlfriends suggested a sort of ‘going away’ dinner for Sofya and I, the Fence’s friendly atmosphere came to mind. Their interior is cozy; the design reminds me of a summer home in Connecticut. They also have ample seating in the back garden area.

We were seated in the back. The waitress was friendly and we didn’t have to wait long for our food, which always enhance a dining experience.


I ordered the Skillet Roasted Chicken ($15). It was served in a tomato shallot sauce with a polenta cake and steamed broccoli.

This entrée was just amazing. The chicken was so tender that it fell off the bone without the assistance of a knife. The polenta cake was the texture of a creamy cloud. The broccoli was perfectly cooked and well complimented by the savory sauce – it was the perfect crunchy element of the meal. Needless to say, I practically licked my plate clean…my mama woulda been proud.
(That's a happy Sasha)

Picket Fence

1310 Cortelyou Road

Brooklyn, NY 11226

0 comments: